Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2015 17:03:39 +0000 (UTC)
From: Damien Regad <dregad@...tisbt.org>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: CVE request: XSS in MantisBT

Paul,

OK, fine, so your original commit fixed the problem and my subsequent fix
reintroduced part of the issue. Sorry about that, but shit happens. It have
been nice however, if you had tested the code back then (i.e. before 1.2.18
was released) instead of today, but anyway what's done is done.

Now, the facts:
- we don't have any single release with just cabacdc2 (or a port of it) in
it so it's pointless arguing that it actually fixed the issue.
- In 1.3, cabacdc2 + 3d0625d8 together form at least a *partial* fix for
CVE-2014-8986 (released in 1.3.0-beta.1)
- In 1.2, e326b73a is a combination of the above 2 (released in 1.2.18)

Can you please test the commits attached to [1] and confirm that they do
indeed fully address the original issue.

@Mitre, please let us know whether this warrants a new CVE (following the
same logic as in [2]) or if I should refer to the existing CVE-2014-8986 for
this.

[1] https://www.mantisbt.org/bugs/view.php?id=19301
[2] http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.security.oss.general/14977/focus=15392