Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2015 21:35:29 +1100
From: Joshua Rogers <oss@...ernot.info>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: CVE Request(s): GnuPG 2/GPG2

On 06/01/15 04:42, cve-assign@...re.org wrote:

> What is the attack scenario for these double frees?  It is not
> immediately clear whether there is a role for an attacker who is not
> the GnuPG user.
Here is the response from Werner:

---

>> Double free in scd/command.c:
>> https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=773471

Could be triggered due to an out of memory condition or a wrong use of a
functions.  Hard to exploit I guess.

>> Double free in sm/minip12.c:
>> https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=773472

That may happen if iconv_open fails.  Memory error or utf-8 not
available.  Note that the buffer is allocated in out secure memory and
thus the gcry_free() zeroes the memory.  I can't see how this can be
exploted but I am not an expert for this.
---

Hopefully that answers the question,

Thanks,
--
-- Joshua Rogers <https://internot.info/>

Download attachment "signature.asc" of type "application/pgp-signature" (820 bytes)