Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2014 09:30:13 +0000
From: Paul Richards <paul@...tisforge.org>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Cc: cve-assign@...re.org
Subject: Re: CVE Request: Multiple XSS vulnerabilities in MantisBT

Hello Mitre,

I believe your current analysis is incorrect, and that Damien's attribution
is incorrect.

Issue 17816 regarding copy fields -
http://www.mantisbt.org/bugs/view.php?id=17876 is a duplicate of 17362

The report in issue 17362 referred to a security issue in "5. Reflected XSS
in admin panel: PoC:
[MantisBT]/admin/test_langs.php?dest_id=<script>alert(1)</script>"

At that point my response was "In terms of number 5 - are you sure you
meant test_langs.php. In 1.3-master, there's an issue within copy_field.php
of doing something similar of:

style="" as I was already aware of an issue within copy_field.php

I should be able to supply a report confirming this later on.

The security researcher then came back and stated that he had indeed made
an error in his report and he did not mean test_langs.php

In this case, the line:

"Credit:
Issue was reported by Mathias Karlsson (http://mathiaskarlsson.me) as part
of Offensive Security's bug bounty program [7].
It was fixed by Paul Richards."

is in correct as the issue was identified by myself initially, then
subsequently identified (incorrectly) in the initial bug report.

As I need to be able to do a security bulletin regarding my find for the
XSS within copy_field.php, can you please tell me what CVE identifier to
use for this and  ensure proper attribution?

Thanks in Advance
Paul