Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2014 09:36:04 -0800
From: Ingy dot Net <ingy@...y.net>
To: John Haxby <john.haxby@...cle.com>
Cc: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com, Kirill Simonov <xi@...olvent.net>,
	Ingy döt Net <ingy@...n.org>
Subject: Re: libyaml / YAML-LibYAML DoS

I have fixed this by commenting out the assert. This makes the parser fail
as it should.

I've pushed the patch to the git-hub mirror of libyaml:
https://github.com/yaml/libyaml

I've added a test to https://metacpan.org/release/YAML-LibYAML and released
version 0.53.

Ingy

PS Here is the Perl minimum test case, with the patched behavior:

 $ perl -MYAML::XS -e 'Load qq! x: "\n"x!'
YAML::XS::Load Error: The problem:

    did not find expected key

was found at document: 1, line: 2, column: 2
while parsing a block mapping at line: 1, column: 2