Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2014 13:43:39 +0100
From: Rene Engelhard <rene@...ian.org>
To: Alexander Cherepanov <cherepan@...me.ru>
Cc: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com, officesecurity@...ts.freedesktop.org,
	Michael Meeks <michael.meeks@...labora.com>,
	Miklos Vajna <vmiklos@...e.cz>, Moritz Muehlenhoff <jmm@...ian.org>,
	cve-assign@...re.org
Subject: Re: [Officesecurity] CVE Request: LibreOffice --
 several issues

Hi,

On Thu, Nov 27, 2014 at 03:58:42AM +0300, Alexander Cherepanov wrote:
> issues is just the tip of the iceberg. Assuming that many security
> bugs were fixed in current versions of LO the fact that LO in Debian
> Stable isn't updated for a long time probably means that security
> fixes are not marked as such and hence are not backported. Please
> correct me if I'm wrong.

Correct.

Now in the CVE-2014-9093 case (where I got https://bugs.debian.org/771163, sigh,
in addition to your all-in-one and thus bogus in any case
bugs.debian.org/770166) the code is even so much different that I will even succeed backporting
it...

3.x is totally obsolete.
I'd assume anyone who really cares about doing stuff with LO uses wheezy-backpots
(which has a 4.3.3)

Regards,

Rene