Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2014 08:52:15 -0800
From: "M.T. Roebuck" <marvint.roebuck@...ox.lv>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Fuzzing project brainstorming

On Thu, 20 Nov 2014 13:34:31 +0100
Hanno Böck <hanno@...eck.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Following the discussions here I feel this whole fuzzing thing could
> need a project to coordinate efforts and I will probably start
> something within the following days.
>
> I wanted to lay out my rough plans / brainstorming and welcome any
> feedback and especially if people have worries about such a project.

From a naive perspective. I don't mean to diminish your
idea/contribution. I like the ideas you've put forth but I'm not
qualified to address them technically. But what I read from this
is a real need to start something completely new from the ground
up. In other words replace the system that's in place. Starting
from scratch. Perhaps it's already being worked on but is only
a seed. Like Linus' work as a student those years ago.

Maybe my problem is that your proposal seems herculean to me but
can't help to think it's a reminder or sign that we need to think
past the current state of things.

I look forward to the section on how to "get fuzzing for beginners"
and best of luck to you all on this idea/project.