Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2014 12:34:30 +1100 (EST)
From: Dave Horsfall <dave@...sfall.org>
To: OSS Security <oss-security@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: Re: Abusing TZ for fun (and little profit)

On Thu, 16 Oct 2014, Jakub Wilk wrote:

> $ TZ=$PWD/tz sudo -u root strace -e read date

Perhaps I've missed something here, but surely if you have "sudo"
privileges then you can read the file for yourself?  And if you're trying
to trace a set-uid program then it won't work anyway?  Neither my Mac nor
my FreeBSD box have "strace", and my Penguin is dead, so I cannot verify
this.

--
Dave Horsfall (VK2KFU)
http://www.horsfall.org/spam.html