Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2014 08:12:22 +0200
From: Pierre Schweitzer <pierre@...ctos.org>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Truly scary SSL 3.0 vuln to be revealed soon:

Hi,

For "standard" IT people, this was kind of a good thing actually.
Without knowing anything about the vulnerability itself, you were at
least aware that something totally wrong was coming with SSLv3. So, it
was letting a few hours to disable (for instance) SSLv3 on the
infrastructure (or to check it had been properly done a while ago)
before the issue comes out publicly with all the details and
eventually PoC to exploit it.
That's kind of great opportunity to make sure we're safe before it
gets wrong.

Just my 2 cents.

On 10/15/2014 07:28 AM, Sona Sarmadi wrote:
> Thanks Hanno,
>
> A reflection: Maybe we shouldn't post  information like this here
> or somewhere else which is not published yet even if the
> information has leak out? Although all members here are reliable
> but it is still an open mailing list and we should be careful and
> act more responsible.
>
> Cheers Sona
>
>> It's out:
>>
>> https://www.openssl.org/~bodo/ssl-poodle.pdf
>> http://googleonlinesecurity.blogspot.de/2014/10/this-poodle-bites-

exploiting-ssl-30.html

>> My conclusion stays the same: Disable SSLv3.
>>
>> -- Hanno Böck http://hboeck.de/
>>
>> mail/jabber: hanno@...eck.de GPG: BBB51E42

- --
Pierre Schweitzer <pierre@...ctos.org>