Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2014 20:33:44 -0700
From: Michal Zalewski <lcamtuf@...edump.cx>
To: oss-security <oss-security@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: Re: Who named shellshock?

This is the bit from Stephane:

http://www.openwall.com/lists/oss-security/2014/10/03/14

-- snip! --
A release schedule with public disclosure on the 24th at
14:00 UTC and early notification to other unix and linux
vendors on the 22nd and select infrastructure provider
notification (such as CDNs including Microsoft) on the 23rd
proposed on the 16th by Florian.

[...]

bashdoor.com was registered (not by me) with a creation date of
according to whois. Florian also said here that someone brought
the early notification sent to vendors/infrastructure to the
press, so someone obviously intended to take it to the press. I
don't know whom.
-- snip! --

The bashdoor.com thing sounds a bit damning (doesn't sound like
something that would be in the notifications to CDNs & co?).

/mz