Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2014 13:06:34 -0700
From: Seth Arnold <seth.arnold@...onical.com>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: atd (was: Re: Re: Healing the bash fork)

On Mon, Sep 29, 2014 at 09:59:47AM -0600, Eric Blake wrote:
> So even on Debian, where /bin/sh is dash, this script attempts to
> execute the file named /tmp/exploit=me, possibly under the privileges of
> 'at' rather than as the user that created the file.  No bash needed.

Where does 'at' use the privileges of the at daemon when executing
scripts?

With just a quick check of the atd sources it looks like privileges are
properly changed before executing the script:

http://sources.debian.net/src/at/3.1.15-1/atd.c/#L380

Thanks

Download attachment "signature.asc" of type "application/pgp-signature" (474 bytes)