Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2014 11:16:44 +0300
From: Mikko Korpela <mikko.korpela@...il.com>
To: "oss-security@...ts.openwall.com" <oss-security@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: Re: pinocchio tmp vuln

This pinocchio sounds like a cool testing tool.

I have to say I don't understand at all why someone would be going
through random packages from PyPi (especially test automation related)
and searching for possible security issues.
Could someone explain why this kind of security issues (malicious user
making a symlink to some random file that is used during testing)
should be in the scope of test automation tools?

--
Mikko Korpela