Date: Sat, 09 Aug 2014 11:17:47 +0200
From: Yves-Alexis Perez <corsac@...ian.org>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: BadUSB discussion

On ven., 2014-08-08 at 14:36 -0700, Greg KH wrote:
> > > builtin).
> > >
> > > echo "0" > /sys/module/usbcore/parameters/authorized_default
> >
> > I did that, but unplugging/replugging my mouse still works after that.

> we can debug it there.

To follow up on this.

The correct way to do this is to do:

for bus in /sys/bus/usb/usb*;
do
  echo 0 > ${bus}/authorized_default
done

to disable registration of new USB devices (kernel will still enumerate
them, but no driver will handle them).

Echo 1 (or -1) to re-enable registration. Current devices will keep
working. If you want to completely disable a bus (including power), use
'authorized' instead of 'authorized_default' sysfs entry.

Regards,
--
Yves-Alexis

Download attachment "signature.asc" of type "application/pgp-signature" (474 bytes)