Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2014 23:03:58 +0200
From: Yves-Alexis Perez <corsac@...ian.org>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: BadUSB discussion

On ven., 2014-08-08 at 22:41 +0200, Yves-Alexis Perez wrote:

> > Then do just that, Linux has allowed you to do this for years, again,
> > but very few people take advantage of it.
>
> Reading that thread, that's exactly what I thought about that. I guess
> it could be a good idea to set usbcore.authorized_default to 0 when the
> systems is locked (logind could provide that information). There's still
> the issue that it's then not possible to unlock the system in some
> situation (for example because you had to unplug the keyboard while
> logged out, or stuff like that). But at least that would be a
> possibility.

Actually, since it's a module parameter, it doesn't seem possible to
toggle it without reloading the module (or rebooting if it's builtin).
So it might not be that easy to do the locking part.

Regards,
--
Yves-Alexis

Download attachment "signature.asc" of type "application/pgp-signature" (474 bytes)