Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2014 15:46:30 +1000
From: Murray McAllister <mmcallis@...hat.com>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
CC: 752092@...s.debian.org
Subject: CVE request: softhsm, softhsm-keyconv tool creates world-readable
 files

Good morning,

As reported in

and

https://issues.opendnssec.org/browse/SUPPORT-136

softhsm-keyconv tool creates world-readable files. Based on the
description of the tool at [1], my uneducated guess is it would allow an
unprivileged user to control (if the output file is created in a
directory they can access) a DNS server via rndc.

Could a CVE be assigned if one has not been already?

The Debian bug also notes a similar issue was fixed in ldns - I've asked
for more details about that in the bug).

[1] http://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/precise/man1/softhsm-keyconv.1.html

Cheers,

--
Murray McAllister / Red Hat Product Security