Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2014 20:26:07 -0700
From: Anthony Liguori <anthony@...emonkey.ws>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Cc: Anthony Liguori <aliguori@...zon.com>, Matt Wilson <msw@...zon.com>,
	Max Spevack <spevack@...zon.com>
Subject: Re: Request for linux-distros list membership

On 04/09/14 19:04, Kurt Seifried wrote:
> On 04/09/2014 09:23 AM, Anthony Liguori wrote:
>> Hi,
>
>> I would like to request membership to the closed linux-distros
>> mailing list on behalf of the Amazon Linux AMI distribution.  We
>> do not currently have anyone on this list from Amazon but we
>> would like to change that.  The Amazon Linux AMI distribution is
>> RPM based, optimized for EC2, and tracks a number of packages
>> (including the kernel) directly from upstream.
>
>> Here is my GPG fingerprint:
>
>> pub   2048R/5682E5FF 2013-07-30 Key fingerprint = EF0F 60F4 390F
>> A270 BC30  4A93 1AAD C710 5682 E5FF uid                  Anthony
>> Liguori <anthony@...emonkey.ws> sub   2048R/44FFA77F 2013-07-30
>
>> I'm sending this from my personal account since this is the uid
>> associated with my GPG key but I would prefer to be subscribed to
>> my @amazon.com (CC'd here).
>
>> If anyone has any questions, please don't hestitate to ask.
>> Thanks for your consideration!
>
>> Regards,
>
>> Anthony Liguori
>
> I find it a bit odd you can't send this from your work email
> address. Would it be possible to add that email address to your key
> and then use your work email address?

We use DKIM which doesn't work very well with all mailing lists.  You
should receive this okay since you are on CC but I'm not sure everyone
will get this through the mailing list.  If it doesn't make it, I'll
send this same (signed) message via the @codemonkey.ws address.

I also added this address as a uid to my key.  Here it is again:

uid                  Anthony Liguori <aliguori@...zon.com>
uid                  Anthony Liguori <anthony@...emonkey.ws>
sub   2048R/44FFA77F 2013-07-30

> I guess I'm wondering is this an official request on behalf of
> Amazon or some random Amazon (employee? contractor?) asking for
> access to distros@.

Yes, this is an official request on behalf of Amazon.  I am requesting
access on behalf of the Amazon Linux AMI team[1].

[1] http://aws.amazon.com/amazon-linux-ami/

Regards,

Anthony Liguori