Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2014 07:52:29 +0100
From: Damien Cauquil <d.cauquil@...dream.com>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: CVE request: PLOGGER 1.0RC1 multiple vulnerabilities

We found two vulnerabilities in PLOGGER version 1.0RC1, including:

1. Authenticated Arbitrary file upload vulnerability affecting PLOGGER
version 1.0RC1

This vulnerability allows an authenticated user to upload an arbitrary
PHP file on the remote web server in an accessible path, by sending a
specifically crafted zip file.

2. CAPTCHA bypass vulnerability

A theme called "Lucid" provided in PLOGGER version 1.0RC1 implements a
weak CAPTCHA prone to a replay attack. By abusing this vulnerability, an
unauthenticated user may be able to post a huge number of comments.

Vendor was notified and answered this software is no more maintained.