Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2014 10:59:53 -0800
From: Galen Charlton <gmc@...library.com>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: CVE request: Perl module MARC::File::XML

Hi,

I am the maintainer of the Perl module MARC::File::XML, which is used
by various applications to manipulate a metadata format used by
libraries, and would like to request the allocation of a CVE
identifier for an XXE vulnerability that is fixed in version 1.0.2 of
the module.  I have evidence that the vulnerability can be used in at
least one F/LOSS integrated library system, Koha, to perform an
application-level privilege escalation, and another one, Evergreen, is
likely vulnerable to disclosure of the contents of arbitrary files on
the server.  I am a committer to both of those projects.

Fix: http://sourceforge.net/p/marcpm/code/ci/cf2d36597a56eeeffd53b38182b8557c7bf569ac/

ChangeLog: https://metacpan.org/changes/distribution/MARC-XML

Announcements:

http://www.nntp.perl.org/group/perl.perl4lib/2014/01/msg3073.html