Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2013 20:34:38 +0100
From: Alex Legler <a3li@...too.org>
To: nvd@...t.gov
CC: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com,
 Gentoo Linux Security Team <security@...too.org>
Subject: http://nvd.nist.gov/nvd.cfm?cvename=CVE-XXX URLs result in 404

Hello,

a few days ago, CVE links using the scheme noted in the subject stopped
working, and started returning HTTP 404 error codes.
Is this intended?

We have been using this URL scheme for our advisories for the better
part of 2 years now, and as we publish advisories via mailing lists and
several sites import our advisories, we have no way to retroactively
change most of the links. If the change was intended, could you at least
have the 'old' URLs reply with a permanent redirect to a new, valid URL?

Thanks,

--
Alex Legler <a3li@...too.org>
Gentoo Security/Ruby/Infrastructure

Download attachment "signature.asc" of type "application/pgp-signature" (902 bytes)