Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2013 11:11:08 +0300
From: Andri Möll <andri@....ee>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com,
 kseifried@...hat.com
Subject: Re: A note on cookie based sessions

A lot of these frameworks or libraries also offer password remembering features which are often implemented as separate long lived token cookies that can't be invalidated server-side or can't be invalidated per-machine.

Devise for Ruby on Rails does this too, for example, but because of a side-effect of the implementation it can be invalidated by changing the password — the token is a substring of the password hash.

Andri

On Oct 4, 2013, at 9:07 AM, Kurt Seifried <kseifried@...hat.com> wrote:

Content of type "text/html" skipped

Download attachment "smime.p7s" of type "application/pkcs7-signature" (4790 bytes)