Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2013 17:49:05 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: distros list news

Hi,

Here are some news items pertaining to the distros and linux-distros
mailing lists:

1. I've just subscribed Dag-Erling Smorgrav to the distros list, as the
new FreeBSD Security Officer.  (Also subscribed are two other members of
the FreeBSD security team.)

2. I've just removed Pardus from the linux-distros list, since mail to
both contacts for Pardus has been bouncing for a couple of weeks now (I
wish they informed us of their resignation(?) themselves).

3. A while ago, I've removed CentOS from the linux-distros list, since
the only subscriber for CentOS has resigned from a security role there
(and informed me of that - thanks!)

4. There was some unscheduled downtime for the distros and linux-distros
lists yesterday and today.  The SMTP response was "451 4.7.1 Service
unavailable - try again later".  Checking the logs, I see that only two
messages were affected - one by a person who informed me of the issue
(and who I think will resend the message now), and the other probably a
spam message from a Google Apps user (the message was correctly processed
and rejected with "5.7.1 Missing the [vs] anti-spam tag, see
http://oss-security.openwall.org/wiki/mailing-lists/distros" once the
issue causing the soft-rejects was corrected).  So the downtime did not
cause much harm, yet I am sorry for it.

Alexander