Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2013 11:20:40 +1100
From: Murray McAllister <mmcallis@...hat.com>
To: Corey Bryant <coreyb@...ux.vnet.ibm.com>
CC: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Security vulnerability tools

On 03/28/2013 06:54 AM, Corey Bryant wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to get a better understanding of tools used in the open source
> community (kernel and user space) to detect security vulnerabilities.
>
> I have a list below to get started.  If anyone has any input, I'd
> appreciate it!
>
> I'll plan on updating http://oss-security.openwall.org/wiki/tools with
> anything it doesn't already have.

Hi,

I am sometimes using Splint. From http://www.splint.org/ "Splint is a
tool for statically checking C programs for security vulnerabilities and
coding mistakes. With minimal effort, Splint can be used as a better
lint. If additional effort is invested adding annotations to programs,
Splint can perform stronger checking than can be done by any standard lint."

Cheers.