Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 14:05:13 +0000
From: "Christey, Steven M." <coley@...re.org>
To: "oss-security@...ts.openwall.com" <oss-security@...ts.openwall.com>,
	"larry Cashdollar" <larry0@...com>
CC: "kseifried@...hat.com" <kseifried@...hat.com>
Subject: RE: Ruby CVEs

I agree with Alexander.  The CVE assignment process is never intended to introduce unnecessary delays to the publication of vulnerability information.  Merely noting whether CVEs have already been requested should reduce most of the risk of duplicates without forcing people to delay publication.

- Steve