Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2013 08:48:57 +1000
From: Noel Butler <noel.butler@...ics.net>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: handling of Linux kernel vulnerabilities

On Tue, 2013-03-05 at 07:50 +0400, Solar Designer wrote:

> All -
>
> On Mon, Mar 04, 2013 at 08:10:22PM -0700, Kurt Seifried wrote:
> > If you want to discuss the theoretical/philosophical nature of
> > information security as applied to the Linux kernel I'd be happy to
> > set up a separate list for that, OSS-Security isn't really the right
> > venue.
>
> The above is Kurt's opinion, which he is indeed entitled to, but it is

I kinda agree with Kurt, this thread is like flogging a dead horse, so
much so Im starting to skip most posts in this thread, cause if I want
to put to sleep Ill go outside and watch the grass grow :)

current way of doing things has worked for a long time, and, if it aint
broke, dont break it.

apart from that, it reads to me that some here just want to increase
their own importance and inflate their own egos, sorry, but that is
EXACTLY how I see things, like your insistence that Greg et al, post
notices about commits here days before publishing them.

the net's got enough ego tripsters now, thanks, I left other security
lists because of people with inflated heads, sorry if thats not your
intention, but, that is how it comes across, and you know what they say,
never does just one person think something.

Content of type "text/html" skipped

Download attachment "face-smile.png" of type "image/png" (873 bytes)

Download attachment "signature.asc" of type "application/pgp-signature" (491 bytes)