Date: Sun, 03 Mar 2013 19:01:26 +0400
From: Michael Tokarev <mjt@....msk.ru>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
CC: Piotr Karbowski <piotr.karbowski@...il.com>
Subject: Re: CVE id request: busybox

03.03.2013 18:33, Piotr Karbowski wrote:
> On 03/03/2013 11:19 AM, Michael Tokarev wrote:
>> What it has to do with Debian, besides that debian was first
>> to actually submit this bug into its own bug tracker?
>
> Acctualy not the first, the bug was reported to busybox mailinglist on 18 Dec 2012.

That's where I noticed it and submitted a bugreport to
Debian BTS from there.

Note that I didn't want to request a CVE# for that, and used a
somewhat low severify value for the report in the Debian BTS
(which was quite some time after the initial report).

If I thought it deserves a CVE, I'd request one right after
seeing the discussion in question :)

But I guess we're muddling waters for too much already.  I
merely commented on the joke about Debian, -- the issue is
definitely not debian-specific, Debian does not even use
mdev from busybox (but allows to use it to the users).

Thanks,

/mjt