Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2012 11:17:15 +0100
From: Tomas Hoger <thoger@...hat.com>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Request for linux-distros@...openwall.org
 membership

On Mon, 05 Nov 2012 11:09:44 -0700 Kurt Seifried wrote:

> >> pub   2048R/5DA060C7 2012-11-05
> >> Premchand Koneru<pkoneru@...sta.com>
> >
> > This is first time I heard about Montavista. Where is your package-
> > and bug-tracker? Does Montavista use CVE?

There has been a previous discussion of Montavista's membership in the
list:

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.security.oss.general/4650/focus=4817

> Also how do we confirm you are on the security team there? I can't
> even find proof you work for Montavista (other than the email address)
> and I can't find any mention of a person called "Premchand Koneru"
> doing security work in the past.

An explicit signed ack/nack from the existing Montavista subscriber
sounds reasonable here, at least to confirm Premchand is really a
member of their security team.

--
Tomas Hoger / Red Hat Security Response Team