Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2012 19:52:07 -0600
From: Kurt Seifried <kseifried@...hat.com>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
CC: Tim Brown <timb@...-dimension.org.uk>, security@....org
Subject: Re: Pre-advisory for Konqueror 4.7.3 (other versions
 may be affected)

On 10/10/2012 04:12 PM, Tim Brown wrote:
> Taken from NDSA20121010:
>
> --8<-------- This advisory comes in 4 related parts:
>
> 1) The Konqueror web browser is vulnerable to type confusion
> leading to memory disclosure.  The root cause of this is the same
> as CVE-2010-0046 reported by Chris Rohlf which affected WebKit.
>
> 2) The Konqueror web browser is vulnerable to an out of bounds
> memory access when accessing the canvas.  In this case the
> vulnerability was identified whilst playing with bug #43813 from
> Google's Chrome repository.
>
> 3) The Konqueror web browser is vulnerable to a NULL pointer
> dereference leading to a crash.
>
> 4) The Konqueror web browser is vulnerable to a "use-after-free"
> class flaw when the context menu is used whilst the document DOM
> that is being changed from within Javascript.
>
> These flaws were identified during an analysis of previously
> reported vulnerabilities that affected Google's Chrome web browser.
> It is believed that only vulnerability 1 is/was common to the two
> code bases.
>
> --8<--------
>
> I'm pre-advising on these flaws since I've not heard anything from
> the KDE project in about 8 months regarding 3 and 4 and we are
> aware that 1 and 2 have been fixed.  I'll give it 7 days and then
> drop technical details.  Vendors with an interest can contact me
> off list.
>
> Tim

Do these things need CVE #'s or did they already get them, or? I'll
need more infor to assign CVE's to make sure we don't end up with
duplicates (e.g. function names/code/etc. would be ideal).

- --
Kurt Seifried Red Hat Security Response Team (SRT)
PGP: 0x5E267993 A90B F995 7350 148F 66BF 7554 160D 4553 5E26 7993