Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2012 18:25:09 -0400 (EDT)
From: "Steven M. Christey" <coley@...-smtp.mitre.org>
To: "oss-security@...ts.openwall.com" <oss-security@...ts.openwall.com>
cc: Lukas Reschke <lukas@...tuscode.ch>
Subject: Re: Re: CVE - ownCloud

On Sat, 1 Sep 2012, Kurt Seifried wrote:

> - -------------
> Version 4.0.6 Aug 1th 2012
>
> Security: Check for Admin user in
> appconfig.php (CSRF)
> Registered user could change app configs without admin rights.
> https://github.com/owncloud/core/commit/9605e1926c6081e88326bf78a02c1d1b83126c4f
> Security: Several CSRF security fixes
> The admin settings and the bookmark app wasn't checking the CSRF token.
> https://github.com/owncloud/core/commit/38271ded753bc9ea9943cef3c2706f8d71f3a58f
> and
> https://github.com/owncloud/core/commit/93579d88dcea389205c01ddf6da41f37ad9b8745
>
> CVS merged into a single CVE
>
> Please use CVE-2012-4393 for these issues.

Our interpretation is that this line item is not CSRF:

   "Registered user could change app configs without admin rights"

It's a permissions/authorization problem.  It's made WORSE by CSRF, but
even without CSRF, a registered user could do something they shouldn't.

So, we assigned CVE-2012-4752 for "Registered user could change app
configs without admin rights"

> Version 4.0.5 July 20th
> Reflected XSS (XSS)
> The filelist wasn't sanitzing HTML values in image files.
> https://github.com/owncloud/core/commit/d203fa2c50f4b2791e68e2b8ab9a0f8b94f9c9f8
>
> Please use CVE-2012-4394 for this issue.

The 4.0.5 changelog at http://owncloud.org/changelog/ also says "Several
CSRF security fixes"

So, we assigned CVE-2012-4753 for the CSRF fixed by 4.0.5.

- Steve