Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2012 17:26:34 +0200
From: Carlos Alberto Lopez Perez <clopez@...lia.com>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Stripe Capture the Flag

On 22/08/12 21:45, Solar Designer wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 12:01:27PM -0700, John Collison wrote:
>> We built a wargame around web security vulnerabilities. The nine
>> levels are built atop fairly standard web software stacks, with
>> increasingly tricky exploits required, and a special-edition t-shirt
>> at the end. It's as much for fun and education as anything else. Would
>> love to have you play!
>>
>> Link: https://stripe-ctf.com
>> Blogpost: https://stripe.com/blog/capture-the-flag-20
>
> As a moderator for oss-security, I hesitated about approving the posting
> above, but I decided to give it a try so that list members and not
> moderators can decide whether such postings are welcome or not (for
> future occasions).  As previously discussed, we're currently rejecting
> conference and e-magazine CFPs, as well as e-magazine issue
> announcements.  In a way, CTF announcements are similar, however they
> might be less frequent (although this might change if we become known
> for approving them for distribution).  Another aspect is Open Source
> relevance.  I guess most CTFs are Open Source relevant, but they may
> lack sufficient Open Source focus for this list.
>
> Please help us decide.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Alexander

I am loving this CTF, is very fun and didactic since it covers several
web frameworks (nodejs, php, python, ... ), also the feature of being
integrated with github is awesome.

Personally I would like to see more CTFs announcements on this list like
this.

Thanks for sharing!

Download attachment "signature.asc" of type "application/pgp-signature" (901 bytes)