Date: Fri, 11 May 2012 23:58:33 -0600
From: Kurt Seifried <kseifried@...hat.com>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
CC: micah <micah@...eup.net>
Subject: Re: CVE request: sympa (try again)

On 05/11/2012 12:03 PM, micah wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Please assign a CVE for Sympa, any version prior to 6.1.11. It is
> possible to open the archive management ("arc_manage") page for
> any list, even those set to only be available to members, giving
> anyone the option to download the archive, or delete the archive.
>
> http://www.sympa.org/distribution/latest-stable/NEWS
> https://sourcesup.renater.fr/scm/viewvc.php/branches/sympa-6.0-branch/wwsympa/wwsympa.fcgi.in?root=sympa&r1=6706&r2=7358&pathrev=7358
>
>  thank you, micah
>
> ps - for some reason the previous message is formatted strange, so
> I'm sending this one without the signature

Ok I see this one and several more:

================================

6.1.11		May 11, 2012
Bug fixes:
[7358] wwsympa/wwsympa.fcgi.in:  Fixing a potential security issue
related to archives

================================

6.1.1           October 22, 2010
This version includes a lots news such as DKIM support, autosignoff
footer link included in lists messages, ...
Various vulnerability have been solved in 6.1.1 : cross side scripting,
cross-Site request forgeries, brute force attack, DOS. These
vulnerabilities were identified with the help of P. Gardenat (Rectorat
 de Rennes) during a security audit on Sympa.
- ---------------------
web_tt2/error.tt2, wwsympa/wwsympa.fcgi.in:  Now shared document
can't	be read or edited unless list is open. This is a security fix

================================

6.0		1st October 2009
Security:
- - [reported by T. Retout] SQL injection threat removed by using place
holders instead of direct sprint in a query.
- - [Submitted by N. Bertrand, univ.  Minnesota] Basic logs in debug
don't issue the password  unencrypted in the logs for function
Auth::ldap_authentication. This way, this password won't be sent
unencrypted to a possible syslog server.
- - [#4439] [#4440] [reported by O.Berger] security vulnerability which
use a file in /tmp.
- - [#4430] store temporary files in Sympa's own tmp directory instead
of /tmp to prevent symlink attacks

Can you confirm these and I will assign CVE's for the outstanding issues.

- --
Kurt Seifried Red Hat Security Response Team (SRT)
PGP: 0x5E267993 A90B F995 7350 148F 66BF 7554 160D 4553 5E26 7993