Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2011 12:45:23 -0200
From: Raphael Bastos <tecnologia@...tosservice.com.br>
To: "Patrick J. Volkerding" <security@...ckware.com>
Cc: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Fwd: Bug script install slackware

2011/11/29 Patrick J. Volkerding <security@...ckware.com>

> Hello,
>
> While I'm sure there are a number of bugs in the crufty old installer
> scripts, I'll need to know how there's a security impact before notifying
> everyone that the sky has fallen.  I'd also like to note that if running
> the installer requires physical access to the machine I'm liable to
> consider security to already be non-existent at that time.
>
> Please clarify what is wrong with examples of how to reproduce the issue,
> and I'll look into it.
>
> Thanks.

Hello Pat,

It would be a security flaw .... Patrick I only report here on the list
because I sent an email to 30 days and getting no return. It would be
a bug that
affected the slackware developers.

But if you want to play a scenario, okay. Simply just change the variable mount
point to a directory other than / mnt and try to run the default
installation of Slackware, so you have a broken installation.

Thank you for your attention.

Att,
Raphael Bastos aka chemonz