Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2011 22:57:20 +0800
From: Daniel Veillard <veillard@...hat.com>
To: Billy Rios <billy.rios@...il.com>
Cc: Marcus Meissner <meissner@...e.de>,
        OSS Security List <oss-security@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: Re: libxml security fix from apple ... any information?

On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 09:59:22PM -0700, Billy Rios wrote:
> The crash was indeed in libxml2, but I could not get the bug to repro in
> Linux.  We took the crash file and fuzzed a bit more on Linux, but no
> crashes were observed.

  Just wondering, are you by chance changing the libxml2 buffer allocation
strategy in the application code (function xmlSetBufferAllocationScheme())
and associated global variable (I know I know ...) xmlBufferAllocScheme.
That may explain if you switched to an exact allocation policy why
you hit the buffer overrun while it usually doesn't show up,

Daniel

daniel@...llard.com  | Rpmfind RPM search engine http://rpmfind.net/