Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2011 21:27:31 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Cc: Abhijeet Patil <getabhijeetpatil@...il.com>
Subject: Re: CFP open for ClubHack2011

Hi all,

I made an exception and approved this one CFP for the following reasons:

1. To show what's coming to the list, and to make sure everyone in here
approves that we reject these things unconditionally going forward.

If anyone in here wants to see these on the list, please let me know.
Otherwise, I'll assume that we've voted unanimously to have them rejected.

Ditto for e-magazine issue announcements - that is, unless anyone tells
me they want to see those in here, I'll be rejecting any and all of them
without having to analyze them for content relevant to both security and
Open Source at once.

2. Not to give the other Indian conference a competitive advantage,
since I had similarly approved their CFP:

http://www.openwall.com/lists/oss-security/2011/07/27/2

No one appeared to care about the issues I raised when approving that
previous CFP, which to me means that no one cared to see the CFP itself
as well - so we got very close to the decision to be rejecting these
unconditionally, which would make things easy for me as a moderator. :-)

Thanks,

Alexander