Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2011 00:04:22 +0200
From: Tomas Hoger <thoger@...hat.com>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com

Hi Alexander!

On Wed, 25 May 2011 21:33:29 +0400 Solar Designer wrote:

> abc and I have enhanced the official/local archive of oss-security
> today (as well as of other Openwall-hosted mailing lists):
>
> http://www.openwall.com/lists/oss-security/
>
> Now these have month and day index pages with message Subjects and
> Froms on them (finally).

This certainly is a nice enhancement, that makes it a lot easier to find
specific mail in the web archive.

> Suggestions/votes for further enhancements are welcome (we have a
> to-do list for blists internally, but we're unsure of what to work on
> next).

usually more convenient for navigating through longer / more complex
threads than only thread-prev / thread-next.  Most archive managers
split archive on the month boundary, which breaks threads view, but,
guessing from what you've written, it seems blists should not suffer
form such problem.

For oss-security, there's also a gmane hosted archive which already
offers a rather nice thread view.  It also provides short links to
views that only show specific thread, with option to focus on a
particular post. I'd expect you don't plan to compete with gmane
feature set, but there surely is some inspiration to be found there if
you're after ideas.

--
Tomas Hoger