Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2011 18:03:40 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Closed list

Hi Jeff,

On Sat, Apr 30, 2011 at 08:38:57AM -0400, Jeff Mitchell wrote:
> I didn't hear back about this -- can someone confirm?

I am sorry about the delay in getting back to you on this.  I don't
treat these subscription requests as high priority, but I do "flag" them
such that I don't miss any.  As you might have noticed, I handle them in
batches; the delay for some has been over 10 days so far (OK, that might
have been excessive).

> On 04/26/2011 12:02 PM, Jeff Mitchell wrote:
> > Please add me as a KDE security contact.
> >
> > sec   1024D/D0AE1825 2009-01-19
> > Key fingerprint = EAB8 A2AC 64A4 434E E79C  E454 00D6 1DA8 D0AE 1825
> > uid                  Jeff Mitchell <mitchell@....org>

The list that has been setup so far is Linux distro security contacts;
KDE is not a Linux distro, hence it should not be on the list.  That
said, I'll save your request to a separate folder in case we ever setup
a suitable list.  There have been no requests for the setup of a
non-OS-distro vendor security contacts list so far, and I see too little
use for such a list.

Folks on the Linux distro list (and then on other distro lists, if we
add any) are supposed to make an attempt to identify and notify
upstreams and other affected projects, including KDE when appropriate.
There has in fact been some effort to do that for the issues brought up
on the list so far.

Alexander