Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2011 22:19:01 -0700
From: Drew Yao <ayao@...le.com>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Closed list

Hello Alexander,

It seems that you're not opposed to Apple's inclusion on the list. Would you reconsider and allow us on the list?

In an earlier mail, you mentioned
"For just one vendor, we can be CC'ing you whenever appropriate, with no list needed." We ship a lot of open source software, and outside of Apple, very few people would be qualified to know whether or not we ship any given piece of OSS, especially since we sometimes add new projects to the next, unreleased version of Mac OS X.

Regarding the question of where to draw the line for allowing non-Linux distros to the table, I'd say we've earned our place by sending numerous internally discovered bugs to vendor-sec, as well as coordinating disclosure of open source projects like CUPS that we maintain.

We'd want both me and <Jeffrey Czerniak <jeffcz@...le.com> on the list, both using the PGP key found at https://www.apple.com/support/security/pgp/

---
Drew Yao
Apple Product Security