Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2011 08:08:03 +0000 (GMT)
From: Mark J Cox <mjc@...hat.com>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Vendor-sec hosting and future of closed lists

> This certainly underscores that very few flaws need vendor-sec
> coordination, but I would suspect that out of those roughly 725 flaws,
> many of the really critical ones came through vendor-sec.

Actually, not so much.  Of the flaws we rated impact critical or with a
CVSS of 'high', only 4 were from that 29 from vendor-sec.

> I'm also curious what "issues already public but found out about it on
> vendor-sec" means?

It's where the date the issue was public is the same date it was reported
to vendor-sec.  This can be because it was brought to the wrong list, the
embargo was a day or less, or less often vendors wanted to discuss
something about it confidentially (a way to exploit it, etc)

Mark