Date: Tue, 01 Jun 2010 10:29:11 +0200
From: Jan Lieskovsky <jlieskov@...hat.com>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
CC: Nahuel Grisolia <nahuel@...sai-sec.com>,
        Stefan Esser <stefan.esser@...tioneins.de>,
        "Steven M. Christey" <coley@...us.mitre.org>,
        Cacti Developers <developers@...ti.net>,
        Tony Roman <roman@...order.com>
Subject: Re: CVE Request -- Cacti v0.8.7 -- three security
 fixes

Hi Steve,

Steven M. Christey wrote:

> On Wed, 26 May 2010, Josh Bressers wrote:
>
>>>      [A], MOPS-2010-023: Cacti Graph Viewer SQL Injection Vulnerability
>>>
>>> http://php-security.org/2010/05/13/mops-2010-023-cacti-graph-viewer-sql-injection-vulnerability/index.html
>>>
>>>      http://www.vupen.com/english/advisories/2010/1204
>>>
>>>      Credit: The vulnerability was discovered by Stefan Esser as part of
>>>      the SQL Injection Marathon.
>>>
>>>      Upstream changeset:
>>>      http://svn.cacti.net/viewvc?view=rev&revision=5920
>>
>> Steve, you've been handling the MOPS stuff. I'm going to leave this one
>> alone unless you tell me otherwise (I don't want to dupe).
>
> Use CVE-2010-2092, to be filled in later today (with a bunch of other
> MOPS issues).
>

> [C], SQL injection and shell escaping issues reported by Bonsai Information Security (http://www.bonsai-sec.com)
>            [7] http://www.bonsai-sec.com/blog/index.php/using-grep-to-find-0days/
>            [8] http://www.bonsai-sec.com/en/research/vulnerabilities/cacti-os-command-injection-0105.php
>
>          Credit: This vulnerability was discovered by Nahuel Grisolia ( nahuel -at- bonsai-sec.com )
>          Upstream changeset:
>            [9] http://svn.cacti.net/viewvc?view=rev&revision=5747
>
> Josh assigned CVE-2010-1645 for the OS command issue.
>
> The SQL injection that Jan is referring to in the original request is
> most likely CVE-2010-1431, which was disclosed by Bonsai back in April.

Yeah, [C] refers to two issues:
   1, SQL injection issue, known under CVE-2010-1431 / BONSAI-2010-0104
      Proper patch is here: [1] http://svn.cacti.net/viewvc?view=rev&revision=5747 and

   2, OS command injection issue, CVE-2010-1645 / BONSAI-2010-0105
      Proper patches are the following three: (noticed by Tomas Hoger && confirmed by Tony Roman, thanks for it!)
        [3] http://svn.cacti.net/viewvc?view=rev&revision=5778
        [4] http://svn.cacti.net/viewvc?view=rev&revision=5782
        [5] http://svn.cacti.net/viewvc?view=rev&revision=5784

Also, there were also some regressions related with Cacti v0.8.7f:
   [6] http://forums.cacti.net/viewtopic.php?t=37845

 From [6]:

"If you have already upgraded to 0.8.7f, you can simple move back to 0.8.7e." and
"Cacti 0.8.7g will be release on June 7th to address these issues.".

Not sure if Cacti v0.8.7g will address yet some security issues, so Cc-ed
Cacti Developers and Tony Roman on this email to detail, if necessary.

Thanks && Regards, Jan.
--
Jan iankko Lieskovsky / Red Hat Security Response Team