Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 20:33:01 -0400
From: Dan Rosenberg <dan.j.rosenberg@...il.com>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Cc: "Steven M. Christey" <coley@...us.mitre.org>
Subject: Re: CVE assignment: ghostscript stack-based overflow

CVE request for the second issue described in this advisory, just published:

http://seclists.org/fulldisclosure/2010/May/134

quote:

GhostScript (all tested versions) fails to properly handle infinitely
recursive procedure invocations.  By providing a PostScript file with a
sequence such as:

/A{pop 0 A 0} bind def
/product A 0

the interpreter's internal stack will be overflowed with recursive calls, at
which point execution will jump to an attacker-controlled address.  This
vulnerability can be exploited by enticing a user to open a maliciously crafted
PostScript file, achieving arbitrary code execution.  This issue has not yet
been assigned a CVE identifier.

Thanks,
Dan