Date: Thu, 6 May 2010 14:24:05 -0400
From: Dan Rosenberg <dan.j.rosenberg@...il.com>
To: "Steven M. Christey" <coley@...us.mitre.org>
Cc: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: CVE request: lxr

Sorry for not making this explicitly clear.  There are three issues:

1.  XSS in the ident parameter, as described in CVE-2009-4497.

2.  XSS that is reflected via the search results page after issuing a search.

3.  XSS that is reflected via the <title> tag on the search page, as
described in Raphael's original e-mail a few days ago, which Josh just
assigned CVE-2010-1448.

Bugs 1 and 2 were fixed simultaneously, as indicated in the 2010-01-05
changelog entry for LXR:

	* ident, search: Fix for CVE-2009-4497 from Dan Rosenberg

	  Avoid a XSS vulnerability

Bug 3 was fixed a few days later on 2010-01-15, as indicated by:

	* lib/LXR/Common.pm: Fix XSS exploit in title string

So, while my original intent at the time of disclosure was to have a
single CVE identifier assigned to cover all three of these issues,
that obviously did not happen.  As it stands, bugs 1 and 3 have their
own CVE identifiers, and bug 2 remains unassigned.

-Dan