Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 15:38:34 -0400 (EDT)
From: "Steven M. Christey" <coley@...us.mitre.org>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
cc: "Steven M. Christey" <coley@...us.mitre.org>
Subject: Re: CVE request: kernel: ipv6: skb is unexpectedly
 freed (remote DoS)

On Mon, 29 Mar 2010, Eugene Teo wrote:

> Upstream commit:
> http://git.kernel.org/linus/fb7e2399ec17f1004c0e0ccfd17439f8759ede01

I'm not clear on the role of ipv6 here.  The affected code is in
ipv4/tcp_input.c and there's no mention of tcp_v6_conn_request() there.

I'm guessing this was fixed in Linux 2.6.20.

Arguably this could have been given a 2007 ID, but the patch didn't
clearly label the problem as a security issue, so I will treat Eugene's
request as the first widely-public disclosure - thus a 2010 date.

Use CVE-2010-1188

- Steve