Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 19:10:45 +1000
From: Steffen Joeris <steffen.joeris@...lelinux.de>
To: "oss-security" <oss-security@...ts.openwall.com>,
 coley <coley@...re.org>
Subject: CVE id request: pidgin

Hi

There seems to be another issue with pidgin. It does not enforce SSL/TLS and
seems to connect without encryption, although the box is ticked.

See Debian Bug here:

This upstream commit was pointed out to me:
http://developer.pidgin.im/viewmtn/revision/diff/312e056d702d29379ea61aea9d27765f127bc888/with/55897c4ce0787edc1e7721b7f4a9b5cbc8357279

Reporter promised to check whether gaim is affected too, so I guess the
bugreport will be updated.

Could I please get a CVE id for this?

Cheers
Steffen

Download attachment "signature.asc " of type "application/pgp-signature" (198 bytes)