Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 19:21:49 +0300
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Debian's list of embedded code copies

Guillem Jover posted this to the Distributions list today:

On Mon, Feb 09, 2009 at 04:52:34AM +0200, Guillem Jover wrote:
> The Debian testing security team keeps track of embedded copies of
> sources (including static linking and forks):
>
>   <http://wiki.debian.org/EmbeddedCodeCopies>.

I've just added a direct link to the file in the SVN repository, as well
as the Debian Wiki link above, to the "patch-finding" section for Debian
on the oss-security wiki here:

http://oss-security.openwall.org/wiki/distro-patches

This is not exactly "patch-finding", but it is closely related - and it
may be of help to security teams of other distros as well.

Thanks,

Alexander