Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2008 18:58:08 +0200
From: Thijs Kinkhorst <thijs@...ian.org>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Cc: "Steven M. Christey" <coley@...us.mitre.org>
Subject: source for CVE feed (was: Re: CVE request: httrack buffer overflow)

Hi Steve,

On Monday 4 August 2008 18:37, Steven M. Christey wrote:
> It's in NVD but not yet on the public CVE site, due to various process
> oddities.  98% of the time, NVD will have the CVEs before the CVE web site
> does.

Good to know. Here at Debian we currently import all CVEs into our own system,
and we use http://cve.mitre.org/data/downloads/allitems.html.gz as the source
for that.

Considering your statement we would better be using one of the XML Data feeds
from http://nvd.nist.gov/download.cfm , right? Or would you recommend another
feed (e.g. the one where NVD gets its data from)?

thanks,
Thijs