Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2008 01:08:07 +0000
From: The Fungi <fungi@...goth.org>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Major DNS vulnerability announced [CVE Question]

On Tue, Jul 08, 2008 at 04:26:14PM -0800, Jonathan Smith wrote:
> BIND's advisory sounds suspiciously similar (indeed, until you
> sent this email, I didn't even consider that they were different).
[...]

My understanding is that this was a coordinated/embargoed patch
announcement date among several vendors, including both ISC and
Microsoft, the reasons for which will become more apparent when Dan
presents at Black Hat next month.
--
{ IRL(Jeremy_Stanley); PGP(9E8DFF2E4F5995F8FEADDC5829ABF7441FB84657);
SMTP(fungi@...goth.org); IRC(fungi@....yuggoth.org#ccl); ICQ(114362511);