Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2008 22:00:45 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: tool announcements (was: ARP handler Inspection tool released)

Nico,

On Mon, Jun 02, 2008 at 06:53:20PM +0200, Nico Golde wrote:
> * Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com> [2008-06-02 16:16]:
> > I don't mind seeing announcements of security tools related to Open
> > Source software in here, as long as this does not dominate the list
> > traffic (in which case we can always setup another list just for those
> > announcements).  I understand that others may have different opinion
> > (please speak up).
>
> I don't really mind about announces either, only about
> quadrupled ones because of cross-posting :)

OK, but as I've just tried to explain, this is not always possible or
feasible for a list moderator to figure out.

Also, there are not that many security tool announcements on Bugtraq.
I think that people are often too shy to announce on Bugtraq.  This is
another reason why I think there's room for a new list, but before one
is created, we could simply let the announcements to be sent in here,
regardless of whether they're cross-posted or not.  If this works, then
create the list.

Alexander