Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 06:25:11 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: list: members vs. read-only subscribers

On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 09:04:40AM -0400, Josh Bressers wrote:
> Have the gears started turning that will make this happen yet?  I'm not in
> a big rush, I just don't want this conversation to be forgotten.

Thank you for pinging me, although the request was not forgotten -
rather, it was queued.

Well, this turned out to be a trivial change to the ezmlm-gate line in
the editor file; it's just that it was beyond the capabilities of
ezmlm-make (so we'll need to remember to not lose this custom change
when re-configuring the list later).

The list should now be message-moderated for everyone except for people
(or rather, for their envelope-from addresses) who have subscribed or
posted desirable messages until today.  As more people (or addresses)
make desirable postings, we may be adding those to the "allow" list as
well (or maybe not - this is up to us).

Let's see how this works in practice.

Alexander