Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2008 18:45:16 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: announcing oCERT & oss-security to Bugtraq & f-d

Josh,

Would you be able and willing to start working on the announcement text
for oss-security now?  We'll be able to combine it with one for oCERT
later if needed (that is, if it's not too late) - or you can work on it
with Andrea right away (on this list).  I think I'd announce both
projects at once at least to the Openwall announcements list.

FYI, here are a couple of relevant news items that are currently up on
the Openwall website:

March 1, 2008
A couple of weeks ago, we have setup the Open Source Software Security
(oss-security) Wiki, which is the counterpart to the oss-security
mailing list, and we have the initial content in place by now.  Both the
wiki and the mailing list are a product of cooperation amongst various
Open Source software vendors, projects, and researchers.  The purpose of
the oss-security group is to encourage public discussion of security
flaws, concepts, and practices in the Open Source community.

February 17, 2008
oss-security is a new discussion and collaboration mailing list for
people involved with Open Source projects who care about security.

Thanks,

Alexander