Date: Fri, 04 Apr 2008 19:06:36 -0400
From: Josh Bressers <bressers@...hat.com>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com,
        security curmudgeon <jericho@...rition.org>
Subject: Re: wiki: vendor info

> : > I might also take the chance to expand vendor information with the additional
> : > vendors I contacted but that are not present in that page.
> :
> : Good idea.  Also, maybe you could invite them to join this mailing list?
> : (Perhaps ask me first to confirm that they are not already on the list.)
> :
> : BTW, we currently have two pages with vendor info: one is with security
> : contacts and advisory links, and the other is with "patch-finding" info.
> : Perhaps you should update both whenever you can obtain the necessary
> : info.  Or maybe we should combine them into one page - this needs to be
> : discussed in here first.
>
> Just a reminder that the OSVDB Vendor Dictionary aims to capture this
> information as well. At some point the two groups should probably
> consolidate their information.
>
> 	http://osvdb.org/vendors

Holy Smokes that's impressive!

I don't think there's anything to consolidate, I think we just need to
ensure everything on the oss-security wiki page is in your data (I would be
surprised if it's not), then we just point at that.  The page about easily
finding patches is probably still relevant, but there's no sense in
duplicating information, especially when there is such an extensive source
as this.

Thanks!

--
    JB