Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 09:22:28 -0500
From: Josh Bressers <bressers@...hat.com>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: wiki page/namespace names, wiki feature requests, etc.

> > The problem I see though, is keeping track of all these terms.  Is there a
> > way I could create a page called "terms:buffer_overflow", that would then
> > be magically added to an index at "terms"?
>
> I can install the auto-index plugin that does this.  Currently, we are running
> a bare installation of DokuWiki with the minimal set of plugins.
>
> One more topic to discuss is where all these Wiki enhancements should be
> discussed.  I feel that oss-security is the wrong place since this
> mailing list's goal is to discuss security and not the Wiki itself.
> Perhaps, all Wiki-related discussions should go to to a namespace that
> is describing the Wiki itself, and once some functionality is discussed
> there - a short request for approval/disapproval should be posted here.
> My concern is that if we move the whole Wiki-enhancement topic off this
> list we might lose a connection between people on this list (who are
> populating the Wiki) and a team who is maintaining the Wiki (currently,
> it's me and Solar).

I think you're getting a little too technical here. While in theory we
could have a separate list for infrastructure discussions, it's probably
too premature for that. If in the future, we find it's generating too much
noise, we can do this. For now though, if someone doesn't care about the
wiki, they can just not read those messages. I think discussing issues
pertinent to the oss-security concept as a whole on this list is relevant
and wise. As you say, if we move off-list, we will lose a lot of eyeballs.

--
    JB