Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 02:52:37 +0300
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: code review CVS

On Mon, Feb 18, 2008 at 10:28:36AM +0100, Sebastian Krahmer wrote:
> From my view it would be helpful to have some forum/CVS or whatever
> where code reviewers can submit the code they already audited along
> with remarks/exploits/patches etc.

We don't yet have such a CVS (or similar) repository - and it is not
obvious whether one is needed - but maybe you (and others) could start
by using a namespace on the wiki for this?  The wiki includes support
for file uploads - it's the "Add Images and other files" icon (picture
in a frame) on top of the page edit area.  We have not yet tested this
functionality, though (might need to add a chmod as we're running the
wiki scripts under a dedicated UID and with umask 077).

Obviously, you shouldn't upload entire source trees (tarballs?) in this
way, but remarks, patches, and testcases may be uploaded.  Actually,
the remarks are better edited on the wiki, which provides a structure
(namespaces) and revision control.

That way, we'll see if anyone actually contributes their audit results
in this way.  Then, if there's specific demand for a CVS repository or
whatever, that can be added as well.

Thanks,

Alexander